Kaspersky Security Cloud works with limitations in the following cases:
- If Windows 10 is in the Out Of Box Experience (OOBE).
- If the Device Guard mode is enabled on Windows 10.
Limitations of Kaspersky Security Cloud in the OOBE mode after upgrade to Windows 10
After you upgrade to Windows 10 and run adaptation, Kaspersky Security Cloud components and processes may not start immediately. They cannot start until you finish the OOBE (Out Of Box Experience) wizard.
Main product components and processes include:
- Application interface
- File Anti-Virus
- Mail Anti-Virus
- IM Anti-Virus
- Heuristic protection
- Proactive defense
- Automatic Exploit Prevention
- Application Control
- Protection from rootkits
- Network Monitor
- Kaspersky URL Advisor
- Protected Browser
- Safe Money
- Kaspersky Security Network
- Private Browsing
- Protection against phishing
- Virtual Keyboard
- Secure Data Input
- Password protection
- Advanced parameters
- Scan settings
- Performance settings
- Task Manager
- Wi-Fi Security Notification
- Kaspersky Protection Center services
- Online Management
- Social Networks (Facebook, Twitter, VKontakte)
- My Kaspersky
- Backup and Restore
- Unused Data Cleaner
- File Shredder
- Data Encryption
- Installation of Kaspersky Password Manager from the application interface
- Kaspersky Password Manager
- Control of password creation and changes
- Devices in my network
- Weak settings control
- Determination of child device use
If the application does not receive any information about the completion of the OOBE wizard within 15 minutes, the listed components and processes will start automatically.
Limitations in Kaspersky Security Cloud with Device Guard enabled on Windows 10
If Device Guard is enabled on Windows 10, Kaspersky Security Cloud will have the following limitations:
- Windows 10 versions 1607, 1703, 1709:
- Protection against screen lockers.
- Protection against file-encrypting malware.
- Windows 10 versions 1803, 1809, 1903, 2004:
- Clipboard protection.
- Browser protection against keyboard and mouse emulation software.
- Protection against unauthorized remote access.
- Browser protection: management through API, protection against attacks through browser windows, protection against message queue management.
- Detection of screen lockers when the UMCI mode is enabled.
On Windows 10 versions 1703, 1709, 1803 without an 17.09.2018 or later update installed (for details, see Microsoft support site) with Device Guard enabled, the following issues may occur:
- Installation of Kaspersky Security Cloud may not be allowed. We recommend that you disable the Device Guard mode or download and install an update, if it was not installed automatically.
- Operating system failure (Blue Screen of Death, BSOD), when Kaspersky Security Cloud is installed after rolling back Windows 10 update released on 17.09.2018 and restarting the computer.
- Operating system failure, when Kaspersky Security Cloud is installed after enabling Device Guard and restarting the computer.
Source : Official Kaspersky Brand
Editor by : BEST Antivirus KBS Team