Connection Blocking in Norton Security lets you control the applications, ports, services, and IP addresses that can connect to and out of your Mac. Based on the access settings that you specify, the firewall allows or blocks any attempt to connect using the application, service, or from the IP address.
When Norton detects a new connection from a service or an application, it shows this Connection Blocking notification with an option to allow or block the connection.
Configure access settings for a service
- In the Connection Blocking alert window, click to view the path or the origin of the service.
- Do one of the following:
- If you recognize that the service is from a trusted application or source, click to allow it.
- If the service is unknown or not from a trusted application or source, click to block it.
Need more help?
- Fix problem with repeated Connection Blocking alerts from Norton for Mac
- Fix problem with repeated Application Blocking alerts for an application from Norton for Mac
Source : Official Norton Brand
Editor by : BEST Antivirus KBS Team