Norton scans your files and folders using multiple components, such as Auto-Protect, SONAR, or File Insight. If you exclude a file or folder that is detected by Auto-Protect, the same file or folder is detected again in the next scan by a different component like SONAR or File Insight. This occurs due to the detection of the file’s signature. To resolve this, you need to exclude the signature from all scans.
Exclusions reduce your level of protection and should be used only if you have a specific need.
Exclude signature from all scans
- Start Norton.
If you see the My Norton window, next to Device Security, click .
- Click .
- In the Settings window, click .
- On the Scans and Risks tab, next to Signatures to Exclude from All Detections, click .
- In the Signature Exclusions window, click .
- In the Security Risks window, under Security Risks List, select the signature you want to exclude from being scanned.
- Click Risk Details to know more about the selected signature. If you still want to exclude it, click .
- Click and .
- Click .
Source : Official Norton Brand
Editor by : BEST Antivirus KBS Team