- File-level scanning of some email servers, backup software, gaming applications, etc. is causing abnormal system behavior
- Exclude specific applications or folders from Real-time file system protection and all scan activity (Startup scan, On-access scanning and Computer (On-demand) scanning)
- Processes Exclusions
- Detection Exclusions
- Open the main program window of your ESET Windows product.
- Press the F5 key to access Advanced setup.
- Click Detection Engine, expand Exclusions and click Edit next to Performance Exclusions.
Version 13.0.x users: Click Detection Engine, expand Basic and click Edit next to Performance Exclusions.
Version 12 and earlier users: Click Detection Engine and click Edit next to Files and folders to be excluded from scanning.
- Click Add → Browse (…).
- Use the directory tree to browse for the file or folder you want to exclude, select it, and then click OK.
- Click OK → OK to save the exclusion.
If you are still experiencing issues with your application, it is possible that you need to exclude it from Web access protection if it connects to the internet. Exclude a safe website from being blocked by Web Access Protection.