With Application control, you can set restrictions on which applications can run.
To use Application control:
- Under Profiles, select a profile.
- In the Profile page that opens, select Application control.
- On the Application control page, turn Application control on or off.
Note: By default, the Application control is on.
- Under Global rule, select one of the options:
- Allow all applications – if none of the exclusion rules block an application, installer, or script, it is allowed.
- Block all applications – if none of the exclusion rules allow an application, installer, or script, it is blocked.
- Allow and monitor all applications – if none of the exclusion rules block an application, installer, or script, it is allowed but its behavior is monitored and, if need be, reported.
Note: Global rule defines the last rule that is applied to all applications.
- Under Exclusions, you can view, edit, and turn on or off the exclusion rules. The rules in the table are applied in a priority order (the first rule is applied first).
Note: By default, the rules are off. In the future, you will be able to edit the rules and change their priority order. We recommend turning on all the security rules provided by F-Secure.
- You can select to save and publish your changes to the current profile or to multiple profiles.
Note: If you selected to save and publish to multiple profiles and you close the window without saving the changes, the changes are not applied to the current profile.