When Banking Protection is turned on, your online banking sessions and transactions are protected.
When you access your bank’s website or make online payments, Banking Protection activates and blocks all connections that are not necessary for online banking so that they cannot interfere with your confidential transactions.
To turn on Banking Protection:
- Open F-Secure SAFE from the Windows Start menu.
- On the main view, select Secure Browsing & Banking.
- On the Secure Browsing & Banking view, select Settings.
- Select Edit settings.
Note: You need administrative rights to change the settings.
- Turn on Banking Protection.
- To adjust the Banking Protection settings:
- Clear Disconnect untrusted apps if you do not want Banking Protection to close your already open connections. If you leave the setting selected, Banking Protection closes your current internet connections except for trusted apps when it activates.
- If you have to use an external tool that is being blocked during your Banking Protection session, clear Disconnect command-line and scripting tools.
Note: We recommend that you keep this setting selected unless it is absolutely necessary, as some malware attacks can use built-in Windows components, such as PowerShell, to gain access to your banking credentials and personal information.
- Choose how you want Banking Protection to handle data that has been copied to your clipboard. By default, Clear the clipboard is selected and Banking Protection clears all data from the clipboard to protect your privacy when your Banking Protection session ends.
Clear this setting if you do not want Banking Protection to clear your clipboard.
- By default, remote access to your device is blocked during your banking session. Banking transactions are always private and confidential, and you should never log in to your online bank if someone has remote access to your device.
Important: Do not clear the Block remote access during banking session setting on anyone’s request unless you know both the person requesting the access and the exact purpose of the request.
Note: Banking Protection requires that the Browsing Protection extension is turned on in the web browser that you use.