Please make sure you meet the minimum system requirements before installing Avira Security for Mac.
In order for Avira Security for Mac to be able to fully protect your system and scan important areas for threats, you must download, install, and configure the product.
Before you download Avira Security for Mac, make sure no other antivirus or security program is installed on your Mac.
Any existing version of Avira Antivirus on your computer will be automatically uninstalled during the installation process of Avira Security for Mac.
- Download Avira Security for Mac.
1. Double-click the downloaded Avira Security for Mac installation file.
The file is saved in the download folder by default.
2. Double-click the Avira Security icon and close the window.
3. Read the Avira Software License Agreement, and click Continue.
4. Click Accept to confirm you have read the Software License Agreement and agree with its terms.
5. Click Install and enter your computer’s administrator password to perform the installation.
Once the installation is successfully completed, the Avira application will start automatically.
To ensure Avira Security fully protects your system, carry out the following configuration.
Grant the necessary permissions so Avira Security can fully protect your system and scan significant areas for threats.
Allow loading of system software
1. Click OK in the Avira Security system extensions dialog.
2. Click Start setup.
3. Click Open to open the Security section of your system settings.
4. Click the lock icon in the lower left corner and enter your administrator access data.
5. Click Unprotect.
6. Click Allow.
7. Click the lock icon again in the lower left to protect the system settings from further editing, and then close the window.
8. Click Next.
Enable scanning of significant areas
1. Click Open Privacy.
2. Click the lock icon in the lower left corner and enter your administrator access data.
3. Click Unprotect.
4. Select Avira Scan Service and Avira Security Helper.
5. If you receive a system message related to hard disk access, click Later.
6. Click the lock icon in the lower left corner to protect the system settings from further editing, and then close the window.
7. Click Done.