IMPORTANT! Before proceeding with the installation, please make sure that no other anti-viruses are installed on your PC because the resident modules contained within them may cause software conflicts.
Important! The installation of Dr.Web Anti-virus for Windows must be performed by a user who has administrative privileges.
- To install Dr.Web Anti-virus for Windows, download the installation file from the Subscription Control Center or from your personal account area on your service provider’s website to the object you want to protect (PC or file server).
- Run the downloaded installer drweb_avdesk_installer.exe. The Dr.Web Anti-virus Installation Wizard window will appear.
If an anti-virus program is already installed on this computer, the Installation Wizard will attempt to remove it. If it fails to do so, you will have to remove the anti-virus software in use (including other versions of Dr.Web) yourself.
- To read the License agreement, click the appropriate link. Check the box next to I accept the terms of the License agreement and click Next.
- In the next window, you will see the full path to the public encryption key (drwcsd.pub) located on your computer. To continue the installation, click Next.
If necessary, you can change the server connection settings. Click on the appropriate link to open the Connection settings window.
It is recommended that you make no changes to these settings without first consulting your anti-virus network administrator.
- You will be prompted to use the Dr.Web Cloud services so that the anti-virus can receive up-to-date threat information from Doctor Web’s servers in real time. Select the necessary option and click Next.
- You will be prompted to install Dr.Web Firewall to protect the computer from unauthorized access and to prevent sensitive data from being leaked over the network. If you want to install Dr.Web Firewall, check the corresponding box. Click Next to continue.
- A window will appear informing you that the Wizard is ready to install Dr.Web. To start the installation with the default settings, click Install.
To choose individual components to install and to specify the installation path and advanced options, click Installation settings. This option is intended for advanced users; for more information, refer to the Dr.Web Anti-virus for Windows User Guide.
- If, in the previous step, you clicked the Install button, go to step 11. Otherwise, after you click Installation settings, the Installation settings window will open.
In the Components tab, you will see the list of Dr.Web anti-virus components that are available for installation. Check the boxes next to the components you want to install on your computer. Depending on what subscription package you selected, some components may be unavailable.
- In the Installation directory path tab, you can specify the directory into which you want to install the anti-virus software. The default installation directory is Dr.Web which is located in Program files on the system disk.
- In the Advanced options tab, you will be asked whether you want to create desktop and Start menu shortcuts for launching Dr.Web.
To save changes, click OK. You will be returned to the previous dialogue. Click Install.
- The Dr.Web Anti-virus installation will begin.
Once the installation is complete, the Wizard will prompt you to reboot your PC. Click Restart now and wait while the system is being restarted.
Congratulations! You have sucessfully installed Dr.Web Anti-virus for Windows!
For more information, please refer to the Dr.Web Anti-virus for Windows User Guide.