To reduce Internet traffic, you can set up Software Updater to receive its updates through an HTTP proxy.
You can configure the proxy update settings on the Profile page.
- Under Profiles > Software updater, select Communication.
- From the Use HTTP Proxy drop-down menu, select one of the options:
- No – use a direct connection to the Internet
- From browser settings – use the browser proxy settings
- Remotely managed – specify an alternate proxy URL (user defined)
- If you selected Remotely managed in the previous step, enter an HTTP proxy address in the Remotely-managed proxy address field in the following format: http://[user[:password]@]host:port.