With Content Filtering, you can ensure that your child only views appropriate content on their device.
Content Filtering works by restricting the websites that your child might access. The types of websites that your child can access are based on the profile set up for your child and the age group selected.
For this reason, Content Filtering only works if you set Safe Browser as the default or primary browser on your child’s device.
To check that Content Filtering is turned on, do the following:
- On your own device, select People.
This shows the list of devices that are protected on your subscription.
- Select the child’s device from the list.
- Under FAMILY RULES, make sure that Content Filtering is turned ON.
- If Content Filtering is OFF, select Content Filtering and use the slider to turn it on, then select SAVE.
To check which content types are blocked, do the following:
- On the Content Filtering page, check the box next to the category type that you want to block.
- Select SAVE.
If your child tries to access a website, which contains any of the content categories blocked by Content Filtering, the browser blocks it.
Remember: To use Content Filtering, the app requires you to set up a child profile first.