You can choose which folders require an additional layer of protection against destructive software, such as ransomware.
Ransomware protection blocks any unsafe access to your protected folders.
- Open the product from the Windows Start menu.
- On the main view, select Tools.
- On the Tools page, click App and file control.
Note: You need administrative rights to access these settings.
- Select the Protected tab.
This shows you a list of all currently protected folders.
- Add or remove folders as needed.
To add a new protected folder:
- Click Add new.
- Select the folder that you want to protect.
- Click Select folder.
Tip: As you must separately allow all applications that need to access the protected folder, we recommend that you do not add folders that contain your installed games or applications (for example, Steam Library Folders). Otherwise, these applications may stop working correctly.
To remove a folder:
- Select the folder on the list.
- Click Remove.
Tip: Click Restore defaults if you want to undo any changes that you have made to the list of protected folders since installing the product.