You can add a new discovery scan on the Discovery scans page.
To add a new discovery scan:
- Click the menu button.
- Select Create discovery scan.
- Select either the Host discovery or Port scan mode.
- Host discovery identifies if hosts are online or offline. The scan procedures include ARP resolution (in local segments), ICMP PING, and a limited scan for default SSH, HTTP, and HTTPS ports, as well as for Remote Desktop services.
- Port scan finds the open ports on the hosts and reports the services (for example, database and web services) that are running on each one.
- Enter the IP ranges to include in the scan or select Upload targets from file to upload targets in CSV format.
- Enter a name for each IP range that you enter. Click Add to add more IP ranges to the same scan.
- You can exclude an IP range within the included range by adding it to the Excluded IP ranges field.
For example: 192.168.1.0/24
- Select the Scan node to use for the scan.
- Click Next.
- Select the template to use for the scan.
- Define the scan scheduling if you want the scan to run automatically, for example once a month.
- Configure the email notifications if you want to receive alerts on certain events.
- Click Finish.