DeepGuard monitors applications to detect potentially harmful changes to the system.
DeepGuard makes sure that you use only safe applications. The safety of an application is verified from the trusted cloud service. If the safety of an application cannot be verified, DeepGuard starts to monitor the application behavior.
Tip: If you want F-Secure to add your application to the allowed applications list, submit your application for analysis here. Once we have analyzed the program, we will notify you of the analysis results if you have provided us with your contact details.
DeepGuard blocks new and undiscovered Trojans, worms, exploits, and other harmful applications that try to make changes to your computer, and prevents suspicious applications from accessing the internet.
Potentially harmful system changes that DeepGuard detects include:
- system setting (Windows registry) changes,
- attempts to turn off important system programs, for example, security programs like this product, and
- attempts to edit important system files.
To make sure that DeepGuard is active:
- Open F-Secure SAFE from the Windows Start menu.
- On the main view, select Viruses and Threats.
- On the Viruses and Threats view, select Settings.
- Select Edit settings.
Note: You need administrative rights to change some of the settings.
- Turn on DeepGuard.
When DeepGuard is on, it automatically blocks applications that try to make potentially harmful changes to the system.