You can view applications that you have excluded from scanning, and remove them from the excluded items list if you want to scan them in the future.
If the product detects a potentially unwanted application that you know to be safe or spyware that you need to keep on your computer to use some other application, you can exclude it from scanning so that the product does not warn you about it anymore.
Note: If the application behaves like a virus or other harmful application, it cannot be excluded.
To view the applications that are excluded from scanning:
- Open F-Secure SAFE from the Windows Start menu.
- On the main view, select Viruses and Threats.
- On the Viruses and Threats view, select App and file control.
Note: You need administrative rights to access these settings.
- Select the Excluded tab.
This view shows you a list of excluded files and folders.
- If you want to scan the excluded application again:
- Select the application that you want to include in the scan.
- Click Remove.
New applications appear on the exclusion list only after you exclude them during scanning and cannot be added to the exclusion list directly.