Follow these steps to ensure that your on-site installation of Elements Vulnerability Management is working correctly.
- Make sure that you can log in to the Elements Security Center through a browser.
- Test the SMTP settings:
- Open the Users tab.
- When creating the user, enable the Send invitation e-mail option.
This should trigger an email that is sent to the user with instructions on how to log in. If this does not work:
- Check the Windows Event logs and SMTP logs.
- In Windows Services, find Karhu.Scheduler. Make sure that it is running and that the user account used is correct.
- Check the SMTP settings stored in the MS SQL database using the following command:
SELECT * FROM [radar].[dbo].[KarhuConfiguration] WHERE KeyName LIKE ‘%SMTP%’
- Test the network connectivity from the Elements Vulnerability Management server to the SMTP server.
- Run test scans for each scanning engine to ensure that the Elements Security Center has a connection to the scan nodes and that the scan results are delivered back to the Elements Security Center.