Before contacting support, run the support tool to collect basic information about hardware, operating system, network configuration and installed software.
To run the support tool:
- Go to the product folder under Applications and run the Support Tool application.
- Select Run Diagnostics on the Support Tool window.
- Enter the administrator password for your computer, then select Install Helper.
- When the data collection is complete, select where you want to save the resulting tar.gz archive.
The support tool opens a Finder window showing the saved file.
- Send the file to customer support when you are asked for it.