Scenario: You get an error, which shows a numerical error such as 5023, 303, 854698742. This happens because of unknown proxy setting.
Steps to follow:
- Check for an active internet connection.
- Check if you are connecting to the Internet using a proxy. This can be checked in Internet Explorer >Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings.
- If there are no proxy details entered in Internet Explorer, check and remove proxy details entered in your K7 product if any.
- Open the K7 product and click on Updates > Configure Updates > Access Internet Through proxy Server.
- Remove the proxy details and try updating the product.
- Open the command prompt and type in tracert updates.k7computing.com. Check if the trace completes successfully. If it does not complete successfully check your Internet connection or try updating using another Internet connection.
- If the trace completes successfully, run the Proxy Enable fix tool and then try updating the product https://www.k7computing.com/dl/free-tools/K7Updt_PrxyEnble_Fix.zip
- Kindly upgrade to IE-8, kindly click on the below link to upgrade.
- Reset the internet properties and try activation.
- If the issue persists, please re-install the product with the online setup file.
Note: If the issue persists or you need any assistance, you may raise ticket at Submit a Ticket and Our Support Team will get in touch with you shortly to assist you.