We’ve renamed Microsoft Cloud App Security. It’s now called Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps. In the coming weeks, we’ll update the screenshots and instructions here and in related pages. For more information about the change, see this announcement. To learn more about the recent renaming of Microsoft security services, see the Microsoft Ignite Security blog.
This article describes the available support and troubleshooting options for Defender for Cloud Apps.
Manage support requests for Defender for Cloud Apps
Microsoft provides global technical, pre-sales, billing, and subscription support for Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps. Support is available both online and by phone for paid and trial subscriptions. Online technical support is available in English and Japanese. Phone support and online billing support are available in additional languages.
As an admin, you can use the Help + Support option to file an online support request for Defender for Cloud Apps from the Azure portal. To create a support request, your account must be assigned one of the following administrator roles in Azure Active Directory:
- Global administrator
- Service administrator
Select support request to create a new support request that opens to the Basics tab of the Azure Help + support page by following the protocol below.
For technical support with third-party products that work with Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps (for example, Box, Salesforce, and Google Workspace) contact the supplier of that product first.
Create an online support request
- Sign in to the Azure portal https://portal.azure.com with your admin credentials, select the ? icon in the upper-right corner of the portal, and then select Help + support to go to the Azure Help + support page.
- On the Azure Help + support page, select Create a support request.
- On the Basics tab, for most support issues, choose the following options:
- Issue type: Technical
- Subscription: <your subscription>
- Service: Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps
- Problem type: Choose your problem type from the drop-down menu
- Problem subtype: Choose the problem subtype from the drop-down menu
- Subject: Briefly describe the issue that you are having
- On the Details tab, fill out the details for your problem, the support method, your contact information, and then click Next: Review + create.
- Review the information, verify that it is correct, and then choose Create to submit your support request.
Note: If you have a billing or subscription question, you can open a case to get support through the Microsoft 365 admin center.
View open support requests
You can view a support request from within the Azure portal. To do so:
- Sign in to Azure https://portal.azure.com with your admin credentials, select the ? icon in the upper-right corner of the portal, and then select Help + support to go to the Azure Help + support page.
- On the Help + support page you can view the list of Recent support requests, and select them to view additional details.
Troubleshooting Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps status
- Talk to a community of peers
- Start a trial today
- Stay up to date with our blog
- Download the Defender for Cloud Apps datasheet
How to provide feedback
The Defender for Cloud Apps team is always eager to hear your thoughts about our product. Provide feedback using one of the following options:
- Product feedback: Send feedback to [email protected].
- Documentation feedback: Our new feedback system is built on GitHub Issues. To provide feedback on documentation you must first create a GitHub account. Read about this change in our blog post.