You can safely store your passwords on a desktop device.
To store a new password:
- Open the app and select the Vault view.
- Select + ADD NEW > Password.
The Add new page opens.
- In the Title field, enter the name of the website or online service.
- Select the globe symbol next to the Title field and choose a color and a symbol for the entry, then select OK.
- In the Username field, enter the user name that you use for the website or service.
- In the Password field, do one of the following:
- Create a strong password or passphrase.
- Select the dice icon to let the app generate a strong, random password for you. When you are satisfied with the password, select Use.
Note: Select the open eye icon if you want to view the password.
- In the Web address field, enter the web address (URL) of the login page of the online service.
- In the Notes field, enter any additional information you may have.
- Select Add.
The new credentials have now been added to the app.
Important: If you change or generate a password in F-Secure ID PROTECTION, remember also to change your password in the web service or application.