The Password Safe is an Intercept X for Mobile feature that allows iOS/Android users to manage all of their passwords in one place, secured by a master password and (optional) a key.
The key would be the equivalent of a real life key, which is required to launch the application and access the password database. Users can opt to use a key, or just a master password.
Step by step setup:
- Launch Intercept X for Mobile on your device
- Tap on the 3 lines at the top left to access additional features and tap Password safe
Note: If importing previous settings tap Import Password Safe file (refer to this video)
- Tap Create Password Safe File
- Choose a name for your safe, as well as a Master Password and/or key file (optional)
- (OPTIONAL STEP)If desired, tap Use key file (the key file can be stored locally, or in a cloud location for additional safety), (if you lose your key, you won’t be able to recover the safe).
Note: Users can choose to set a Master Password AND a key file at the same time, which will then require both be present to unlock the safe.
- Tap Create
- You can now start adding entries to your Safe to keep your passwords in one place.
- (OPTIONAL STEP) To enable fingerprint login exit the safe and re-launch it, check the Allow fingerprint login box. You can now unlock your safe by using your fingerprint instead of a password or key.
- For additional information regarding how to setup new entries, generate passwords and more, please take a look at the Password safe documentation