Setting up Family Rules helps you keep your children safe from unsuitable content when on the internet.
The internet is full of interesting websites, but you might not consider all content desirable or appropriate, especially for children.
With Family Rules, there are different ways that you can restrict your child’s internet usage as follows:
- You can set time limits for daily use,
- You can set a bedtime,
- You can restrict the apps that your child has access to, and
- You can block certain types of content.
For ease of use, you can manage your child’s online activity on your own device. This is a versatile way to make changes, add or remove restrictions on the fly without having your child’s device physically with you.
To start using Family Rules, install SAFE on your child’s device and set up a child profile. You can set up Family Rules when setting up the SAFE app or any time afterwards. Once that’s done, you can start protecting your child’s online activity.
To view the different settings:
- On your own device, select People.
- Select the device from the list, then under FAMILY RULES, select one of the following:
- App Control
- Daily Time Limits
- Content Filtering
- Check the different settings and change them accordingly.