Other applications on your system might have the same issue.
The following solutions help you fix the problem, assuming that the problem file or component is part of your McAfee software.
NOTE: If you still see the problem after you complete the steps in the three Solution sections of this article, the issue might be with your Windows operating system. In this case, continue to the Workaround section for helpful steps to collect information for your manufacturer.
Do the following to fix the above issue:
- Save any open work because the script prompts you to restart your computer when it completes.
- Download the mcscriptfix.zip file attached to this article and save it to your Desktop.
- Unzip the file you downloaded and save mcscriptfix.bat to your Desktop.
- Right-click mcscriptfix.bat and click Run as Administrator.
- Click Yes in the User Account Control box, if prompted. While this script runs, you see a black DOS Prompt window.
- Press any key to continue when prompted.
- Restart your computer.
After your computer restarts, open your McAfee product and verify that it is functioning as expected. If you still see the original problem, download McAfee Pre-Install Tool.
- Download the following file and save it to your desktop: Pre-InstallTool.
- Double-click the Pre-Install_Tool.exe file, and follow the prompts.
- Read the warning message and click OK to agree to the changes.
- After the Preinstall Tool completes, click OK.
- Click Close and restart your computer.
After your computer restarts, open your McAfee product and verify that it is functioning as expected. If you still see the original problem, uninstall and reinstall McAfee product.
After you finish reinstalling and you have restarted Windows, open your McAfee product. Verify it is functioning as expected. If you still see the original problem, the issue might be related to Windows itself. Continue to the Workaround.
- Click Start and select the Search box.
- Type cmd and press Enter.
- Right-click command and click Open as Administrator.
- Type each of the following commands and press Enter after each one:
NOTE: After each command has run, you see a success or failure message.
Another command for Internet Explorer 9 users: