After you create Norton Bootable Recovery Tool on a DVD or a USB drive, use the media to run Norton Bootable Recovery Tool.
Norton Bootable Recovery Tool identifies and lists all the known security threats. You can choose what to do with the items that are identified as potential risks.
Scan and resolve threats
- Insert the Norton Bootable Recovery Tool DVD or USB drive that you created.
- Turn on or restart your computer, then enter the BIOS mode by pressing the key that appears on the screen immediately after your computer restarts.
- Select the DVD or the USB drive on which you created Norton Bootable Recovery Tool, and then press . If you use a UEFI-enabled computer, select the recovery media under the option instead of the option. The recovery media is the Norton Bootable Recovery Tool DVD or USB drive.
- In the Welcome to NBRT page, select the option. If the booting fails, then select option.
- In the drop-down list, select your preferred language, and then click .
- Read the License and Services Agreement, and then click to launch the tool.
- In the Scan your computer section, click . When the scan is complete, the Scan Completed window lists the following:
- The total number of files scanned
- The total number of threats detected
- In the Scan Completed window, review the scan results, and do one of the following:
- To fix all of the threats that are found on your computer, select the column.
- To perform appropriate actions for each of the threats, select the relevant threat that you want to resolve under the column.
Review the scan results carefully before resolving the threats, since the files that are removed cannot be restored on your computer.
- Click .
- In the confirmation dialog box appears, do one of the following::
- Click to resolve threats.
- Click to cancel the fix.
- The Remediation window displays the status of each threat under the Action column.
- Click .
- In the Reboot your computer window, click to restart your computer. If you want to run the scan again, click .
Downloading and resolving threats using Norton Bootable Recovery Tool
Need more help?
Source : Official Norton Brand
Editor by : BEST Antivirus KBS Team