To prevent the leak and abuse of ESET product licenses, the latest version of ESET Windows home products notifies you if a license has been overused and prevents the activation of that license.
What to do if you own the license
- If you receive the “Activation failed – Leaked license” notification for a license that you own, click I own this license, what can I do?
- In the next screen, click on one of the following links:
- If you believe your purchased license is counterfeit or has been pirated, click find more information here, which redirects you to our Online Help topic: Activation failed due to leaked license.
- If you believe your license is legitimate, click my.eset.com, which redirects you to the myESET portal. Log in to the myESET portal to manage your license and devices.
- To purchase another license, click Buy License, which redirects you to the official ESET home product store. Purchase your new license in the store.
What to do if you do not own the license
- If you receive the “Activation failed – Leaked license” notification for a license you do not own, click I do not own this license, what can I do?
- To resolve the issue, contact the owner of the license. To purchase a license, click Buy License. If you have another valid license and want to use it, click Close to return to activation.
Editor by : BEST Antivirus KBS Team