- You need to protect data on system disks, non-system disks, and their partitions when a user is not physically present and their workstation is turned off or hibernated
- What’s new
- System requirements
- Support resources
ESET Full Disk Encryption (EFDE) is a full disk encryption solution implemented on all Windows endpoints that will prevent attackers from making use of lost or stolen computers.
The list below contains information about some of the important new features in the released version of ESET Full Disk Encryption (EFDE).
- EFDE protects data on system disks, non-system disks and their partitions when a user is not physically present and their workstation is turned off or hibernated.
- EFDE is a feature native to ESET remote management consoles – ESET Cloud Administrator (ECA), and ESET PROTECT.
- EFDE can be installed on Windows endpoints exclusively using ECA or ESET PROTECT consoles.
- EFDE allows one-click deployment and encryption of data on connected endpoints.
- EFDE greatly increases your organization’s data security and helps you comply with data protection regulations like GDPR.
- EFDE can be managed through Policies, Client Tasks, Groups, and other concepts well known to IT professionals.
To view the system requirements for EDFE, visit Requirements and supported products.
Below is a list of Frequently Asked Questions about EFDE:
Why aren’t workstations with EFDE installed part of the Security Product Dynamic Groups?
EFDE is not considered a “Security Product” from the point for the Management Console view.
Can you migrate between EFDE and ESET Endpoint Encryption?
No, you cannot migrate between EFDE and ESET Endpoint Encryption.
What is the order of UEFI pre-boot login screens displayed, if I have the UEFI pre-boot login enabled on the workstation?
EFDE pre-boot login is displayed after the UEFI pre-boot login.
Can the ESET Deployment tool be used to deploy the All-in-one installer with EFDE?
Yes, you can use the Deployment tool to deploy the All-in-one installer with EFDE.
Source : Official ESET Brand
Editor by : BEST Antivirus KBS Team