- You are unable to activate your ESET product after receiving an automatic upgrade
- You receive the “General Compiler Error” message after upgrading to a new version of the ESET Windows home product
- Your ESET product displays the message “Modules update failed” as shown below:
- Verify that your internet connection is active by visiting the ESET home page. You must have an active internet connection before you can download updates.
- Open the main program window of your ESET Windows product
- Press the F5 key on your keyboard to access Advanced setup.
- Click Update, expand Basic, click Clear, and then click OK.
- Restart your computer.
- Open the main program window and click Update → Check for updates. If the issue persists, uninstall and reinstall your ESET product.