- Activate Anti-Theft on your device
- Recover a device marked missing in ESET Anti-Theft
- Create a new myESET account
What is Anti-Theft?
Our personal devices are constantly at risk of being lost or stolen. If your device is ever lost or stolen, ESET Anti-Theft enables you to monitor usage and track your missing device anywhere in the world by using IP address localization. ESET Anti-Theft not only helps you track and retrieve your missing device but also protects your personal data.
How does Anti-Theft work?
After installed on your device, your ESET product integrates with the ESET Anti-Theft web interface. Use your myESET account to manage the state of your device and trigger monitoring if the device is ever lost or stolen. When a device is declared lost or stolen, your ESET product automatically begins relaying information from your device to your account, no matter where in the world your device is. Any time your missing device accesses the internet, your ESET product sends updated screenshots, webcam images and GPS coordinates to the Anti-Theft web interface.
Getting started with ESET Anti-Theft: Step 1 of 4 | Optimization →
- Open the main program window of your ESET Windows product.
- Click Setup → Security tools.
- Click the slider bar next to Anti-Theft to activate it.
- Click Create account.
- Type your email address and the password you will use to log in to your myESET account in the appropriate fields. Do not lose this password, you will need it to access the Anti-Theft portal. Select the check box next to I agree to ESET Terms & Conditions and click Create new account.
- Type a name for your device and click Continue.
- Click Close. Anti-Theft is now activated on your device. You can access your Anti-Theft account on the myESET portal.
- Visit our online help topic for full instructions on how to set up your Anti-Theft account.