- You suspect that your computer is infected with a virus or malware
- You were directed by ESET technical support to complete preliminary malware troubleshooting
- Back up any important or valuable files on your computer.
- Rule out currently trending threats.
- If you have an ESET product installed, run a Computer scan. If you do not have an ESET product installed, run the ESET Online Scanner (using default settings).
- If a threat is detected during the scan completed in step 3, complete a Strict cleaning scan or find the appropriate malware removal tool to download.
- Restart your computer. Are all system issues resolved?
- Yes: Process complete.
- No: Go to the next step.