- How do I purchase a license for my ESET product?
- How many licenses do I need to purchase?
- Do I need to buy a new license to reinstall my ESET product?
- Does reinstalling my ESET product use one of my licenses?
- I bought a new computer / re-formatted my current computer. Do I need to purchase another license?
- I use a dual-boot computer with two separate operating systems. How many licenses do I need?
- I use dual-boot software (for example, Mac Boot Camp). Do I need separate licenses for my Mac operating and Windows operating systems?
- I have multiple operating systems running simultaneously using virtual machine software such as VMWare, Citrix or Parallels—how many licenses do I need?
- Why do I need a License Key?
- Where is my Username and Password/License Key?
- Someone else set up my ESET product. How do I transfer the license to my name?
- My email address changed. What do I do?
- How do I renew my license?
- Can I extend (renew) my license before the expiration date?
- I just renewed but my old expiration date is still displayed in the program—why?
- How do I add, subtract or combine my previous license(s) before renewing?
- I downloaded the 32-bit version but my computer requires the 64-bit version. Can I re-download my product?
- I installed the wrong product or version. What should I do?
- What is a 3-computer pack?
- I purchased a 3-computer pack. How many licenses do I have left?
- What is ESET Multi-Device Security? ESET Multi-Device Security Home Office Edition?
- What is myESET?
- What do I do if I receive the notification “Activation failed – Leaked license”?
- Can I use the same license to change to a different ESET home product with higher features?
- Related articles:
- You have a question about your ESET license
- A single license will protect one operating system.
- If you purchase ESET Mobile Security for Android using your Google Play or Amazon.com account, you can install ESET Mobile Security on up to 5 separate devices.
- If multiple people in your household use a computer with a single operating system (e.g. Windows 10), you will need a “1 PC” license.
- If you require protection for more than one computer, you will need to purchase an additional license for each desktop computer, laptop or netbook.
- View information regarding dual-boot systems.
No, you can uninstall and reinstall your ESET product for troubleshooting purposes or otherwise at any time using your existing license.
You are only required to purchase additional seats if you plan to have ESET products installed and activated on more devices than your license covers at any given time.
No, reinstalling your ESET product does not affect your license usage. Your existing license remains functional for the duration of your subscription regardless of how many times you remove or install the product on the computer to which it is registered.
No, your license allows you to download our software as many times as necessary. To reinstall your software, follow the steps in the following Knowledgebase article:
- I want to use more than one ESET product. Do I need to purchase a license for each one?
- If you purchase a license for ESET Smart Security Premium, you may use that license to download/install ESET Smart Security Premium, ESET Internet Security and ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
- If you purchase a license for ESET Internet Security, you may use that license to download/install ESET Internet Security and ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
- If you purchase a license for ESET NOD32 Antivirus, you may use that license to download/install ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
- Purchasing a license for ESET Internet Security does not allow you to download/install ESET Smart Security Premium.
- Purchasing a license for ESET NOD32 Antivirus does not allow you to download/install ESET Smart Security Premium and ESET Internet Security.
- ESET Smart Security Premium, ESET Internet Security and ESET NOD32 Antivirus should never be installed on the same system concurrently.
You need a separate license for each of these operating systems.
Yes, you will need to purchase ESET Cyber Security/ESET Cyber Security Pro and an ESET product for Windows.
To purchase additional licenses, click here to visit the purchase page.
A single license allows home users to install the standard home product on one physical machine, and on the maximum of three operating systems (one host operating system and two other guest systems). If the physical machine is used for business purposes the virtual Endpoint counts as physical Endpoint (one license per virtual machine is required).
When you purchase a license for an ESET product, you receive an email from ESET containing your ESET-issued Username and Password. This email is delivered to the email address used at the time of purchase.
ESET has introduced a new License Key (previously known as Activation Key) that will eventually replace the need for a Username and Password. If your email from ESET does not include a License Key, you will need to convert your Username/Password credentials here to activate the latest ESET home products.
This conversion will not have any effect on your license. The License Key represents a unique string in the format XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX which is used for identification of the license owner and for activation of the license, as well as the license credentials.
After purchasing your ESET product, you should have received an email message containing your Username, Password, and License Key.
To transfer account information to another name, the person who originally registered the account needs to call or email ESET technical support with the following information:
- Name, email address or street address of the original account holder
- The new name, address or email account that the license is to be updated with
You will need to update ESET technical support with the new email address.
ESET does not currently offer a license extension program.
North American customers: You may renew any time after your purchase, and up to 365 days after your license expires. If you do decide to renew before your expiration date, your new expiration will not take effect until your original expiration date passes.
In some cases, users may experience a brief delay before the expiration date is updated and program updates are downloaded. Your virus protection will remain active and your computer will be secure during this time. If you renew before your expiration date, your new expiration date will not take effect until your original expiration date passes. If more then 24h passed and the license is still showing as not updated, please follow this link to activate again with your license key.
Our Sales Support team will be happy to assist you. License modifications are allowed within 30 days of your initial purchase or within 90 days of your renewal date. Please use our contact page for further assistance.
Customers outside North America: contact your local ESET partner for more details.
Yes, you can download our software as many times as necessary.
A 3-computer pack includes 1 year of antivirus protection for up to 3 separate computers.
If you receive an error message (such as “Activation failed”) during activation, it is likely because you already used your License Key when you installed ESET on your first computer. After activating your first computer with the activation key, you should receive an email from ESET with your Username, Password, and License Key which should then be used to activate your remaining computers (reinstallations of ESET also require that you use this information during activation).
When installing and activating on your second and third machines, follow the steps below:
- On the second computer, insert your CD into the second machine or select your product from the Download page to begin your second installation.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install your product.
- When you reach the Product Activation window, select Activate using Username and Password (for version 8.x and earlier) or Activate with License Key (for version 9.x and later) and complete the installation using your ESET-issued credentials.
- Repeat steps a-c for your third installation.
Our update servers will only notify you when you attempt to update more licenses than you have been allotted (you will get an error while updating).
You can also view and manage your licenses after you log in to a myESET online account.
ESET Multi-Device Security and ESET Multi-Device Security–Home Office Edition are licenses that allow you to install a combination of ESET products on all your various devices. If you purchased ESET Multi-Device Security, or ESET Multi-Device Security–Home Office Edition, please see the ESET Multi-Device Security FAQ for detailed information about these products.
myESET is a service introduced with version 14 ESET home products that allows for simple management of ESET licenses for multiple devices or products. Visit the myESET User Guide for detailed instructions about how to use myESET.
Yes. If the ESET home product license being used qualifies for a product with more features, “Your license allows you to install a product with more features” will be displayed after installation. The user can accept the product change or stay on the current product. The user can also change to a product with more features at any time.