Complete the items on the checklist below to troubleshoot this issue:
Use only the Username/Password/License Key generated for you and sent to the email address you provided while registering/purchasing a license. For example:
- Username: EAV-12345678
- Password: abcde12345
- License Key: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
Copy/paste your Username and Password, or License Key (depending on product version) into the activation screen and be sure not to select an extra blank space.
If you cannot copy/paste, type your Username and Password, or License Key, EXACTLY as they are written:
- The Username and Password are case sensitive
- The hyphens in the Username and License Key are necessary
- The Password is ten characters long
- The License Key is sixteen characters long
- The Password uses all lowercase characters
- The letter L is not used in passwords (use the number one (1) )
- A big ‘0’ is the number zero (0), a little ‘o’ is the lowercase letter o
If your Username and Password, or License Key still do not work:
Clear the update cache in your ESET Windows home product. Click to view instructions.
- Your license might have expired. Click here for instructions on how to renew your license.
- If you do not know the expiration date of your license, visit the Lost License page to have this information emailed to you.
- If you never received an email from ESET containing your Username, Password, and License Key, visit the following Knowledgebase article: I never received the license email containing my Username, Password, and License Key
- If you recently renewed your license, wait 24 hours before downloading new ESET product versions or upgrading from ESET NOD32 Antivirus to ESET Smart Security
- Make sure you downloaded the correct product for your license (check your receipt or license email from ESET)
- Make sure you are downloading the right ESET product build for your computer