ESET SysInspector is a free state-of-the-art diagnostic tool that is designed to improve your technical support experience. It conducts an in-depth analysis of your computer’s configuration that will provide the technical support team with important information about how to resolve the problem you are experiencing.
Are you a Mac user? To create log files on OS X, follow these instructions.
- Follow the steps below to download the stand-alone version of ESET SysInspector. This is to ensure that your log file is not altered by malicious software.
- Download the appropriate version of ESET SysInspector version for your machine using one of the links below:
- When prompted, click Save and save the file to your Desktop.
- Double-click the SysInspector icon on your Desktop and click Run. Read the Terms and Conditions carefully and then click I Agree.
- Once the analysis is finished, the SysInspector main program window will be displayed. Click File → Save Log to save the log file. Click Yes if asked to confirm.
- Select your Desktop and click Save to save the log file.
- If you have not already done so, open a case with ESET technical support before you submit your log file.
- Attach the zipped file to an email reply to ESET technical support. A technical support representative will examine the log and respond as soon as possible with the recommended action based on their findings. If you are unable to attach a zipped log file, change the file extension to .file (for example, SysInspector.file).