Have you seen notifications like these on your iPhone or iPad?
Within this article you will learn:
- What are these notifications?
- Why are these notifications created?
- How do I remove these notifications?
What are these notifications?
Thankfully, these are just calendar notifications and your device does not have a virus. At some point, whilst surfing the web, you or another user of this device may have accidentally subscribed to a fake calendar.
Why are these notifications created?
Scareware and adware producers create these notifications within your calendar to trick you into thinking your device has a virus. These notifications are part of malicious advertising campaigns that link you to official-looking iPhone websites trying to scare you into downloading and subscribing to their useless apps and services.
How do I remove these notifications?
If you do receive notifications like this, all you need to do is delete the calendar subscription. To do so please follow these steps:
- Open the Calendar app
- At the bottom of the screen, tap Calendars
- Look for a calendar that you don’t recognize
- Tap the More Info button next to that calendar, then scroll down and tap Delete Calendar
After you have completed these steps, you should no longer receive these notifications.