Instructions on how to install SAFE from My F-Secure to your computer.
Note: An internet connection is required to validate your subscription and receive updates.
This video tutorial shows you how to install F-Secure SAFE on your Windows computer.
Tip: This video has no voiceover. To turn on the subtitles for the video, click the Captions (CC) icon in the lower-right corner of the video screen. To select other language subtitles, if any, click the Settings icon, then select the preferred language.
- Log in to My F-Secure with your account username and password.
- Select Add device.
If all your current SAFE licenses are in use, you can select Buy more to purchase additional licenses.
- Choose whose device you want to protect, then select Continue.
- Select This computer to install SAFE on your current device.
Tip: If you want to install the product on a different device:
- Select the device type and then Continue.
- Select how you want to deliver the installation link to the device and select Send.
- Follow the instructions received in the installation link message.
- Select Download for Windows to get the installation package.
- Launch the downloaded installation package.
The F-Secure SAFE setup page opens.
- Read the End User License Terms and, if you agree to the terms, select Accept and continue. While the installation package installs the product to your device, follow the instructions shown onscreen.
Once the installation is completed, you can see your protection status on the main page of the product.
- SAFE notifies you if your browser extension is not yet in use. To add the browser extension, select Set up on the notification shown on the product main page and follow the instructions shown onscreen.
Note: If you don’t see the browser extension notification, the extension is already in use.
You may need to restart your computer to validate your subscription and download the latest updates.