Instructions on how to install SAFE from My F-Secure to your computer.
Note: An internet connection is required to validate your subscription and receive updates.
- Log in to My F-Secure with your account username and password.
- Select Add device.
If all your current SAFE licenses are in use, you can select Buy more to purchase additional licenses.
- Choose whose device you want to protect, then select Continue.
- Select This computer to install SAFE on your current device.
Tip: If you want to install the product on a different device:
- Select the device type and then Continue.
- Select how you want to deliver the installation link to the device and select Send.
- Follow the instructions received in the installation link message.
- Select Download for Mac to get the installation package.
- Launch the downloaded installation package.
The F-Secure SAFE setup page opens.
- Read the End User License Terms and, if you agree to the terms, select Accept and continue. While the installation package installs the product to your device, follow the instructions shown onscreen.
Once the installation is completed, you can see your protection status on the main page of the product.
- SAFE needs full disk access to be able to detect and block threats in sensitive locations on your Mac.
To allow full disk access:
- On your Mac, go to Security & Privacy > Privacy.
- To be able to make changes to the privacy settings, click the lock icon in the lower-left corner of the window and select the F-Secure SAFE app from the list.
- You need to quit F-Secure SAFE before the new settings take effect. Select Quit Now.
- SAFE also notifies you if the extension of your web browser is not yet in use. Install and set it up by selecting the link shown on the product main page.
Note: If you don’t see the link, the extension is already in use.
You may need to restart your computer to validate your subscription and download the latest updates.