MAC-IP binding allows us to reserve static IP assignment for a client. The maximum supported entries are 32 and this feature is applicable only for Local DHCP Scope.
- Helps reserve IP address to a specific client.
- Reserving an IP address allows us to create policies in the firewall configuration and to prioritize the traffic.1. Login to K7 Security UTM
2. Click on Configuration and Navigate to Firewall/NAT
3. Choose MAC-IP Binding and click on Add
4. Specify the interface In case need to configure for specific interface or select ANY and provide the MAC address, IP details and Host Name.
5. Click on Save and Restart Service
6. Navigate to Settings / Exceptions and Enable the MAC-IP Binding Service
7. Select the Action of Policy for Unmatched Connections and Policy for Matched connections accordingly.
e.g. If “ Block “ is selected as Policy for Unmatched connections then Internet access shall be blocked if the user modifies the system IP.
(Optional) Exclude the Destination IP / Source IP Subnets from the MAC-IP list can be configured accordingly.
8. After making the necessary configuration, Click Save and Restart Service.
Note: In case of same issue or required assistance, you may raise ticket at Submit a Ticket. So our Technical Support Team can assist you to resolve your query.