Firewall is a system that is used to define rules that govern the routing of connection requests between networks.
Using firewall system, you can allow set of services to pass through different network zones while keeping other services away.
Note: Below scenario explains how to block the RDP for a LAN to DMZ Zone.
1. Login to K7 Security UTM
2. Click the Configuration and navigate to Firewall/NAT tab
3. Choose the Filter Rules and select Add
4. Provide Rule Name to identify the rules easily
5. In Protocol Action select Accept/Drop/Reject based the requirement
6. In Protocol configure accordingly.
(As per the above scenario select Protocol Action as Drop and Select Protocol as TCP & UDP)
NOTE: Enable Log if required (By Default: Disable)
7. In Source Zone, Under Source Address provide IP/Mac, and Exclude source address if any IP should be out of the above rule.
(As per the scenario select Source Zone as LAN and Select Source address and Ports – Any
8. In Destination zone provide the Zone of the server in DMZ/Wan and provide the destination address and port number.
(As per the scenario we select Destination Zone as DMZ and Select Ports as 3389 (RDP Port Number)
9. After making the necessary configuration, Click Save and Restart Service.
Note: In case of same issue or required assistance, you may raise ticket at Submit a Ticket. So our Technical Support Team can assist you to resolve your query.