- How does this affect my company?
- What PII / Personal Data does Emsisoft store?
- Will I be GDPR compliant when using Emsisoft as my anti-virus and anti-malware software?
- Does Emsisoft send my data to any third parties?
- Does any of my company data leave the EU?
- We’re not an EU-based company nor do we serve EU Citizens, will you treat our data differently?
- Should this affect my decision to choose Emsisoft?
- Source : Official EMSISOFT Brand Editor by : BEST Antivirus KBS Team
How does this affect my company?
Any company that stores or processes Personal Data of EU residents will be responsible for complying with the new regulations, whether or not the company is based in the EU.
What PII / Personal Data does Emsisoft store?
Emsisoft stores various pieces of user information that would be considered as Personal Data, including, but not limited to:
Full name. Note: You may choose a random pseudonym/nickname at any times.
Password. Note: We only store an individually salted hash of your password that doesn’t allow us or anyone else to restore or see it.
Postal address. Note: Only if you require your full address on invoices, ie. business orders.
Machine-ID hash. Note: A unique hash of a combination of several hardware component serials, used to assign and protect licenses. Serials can’t be restored from the hash.
Location on country level. Note: Based on publicly available information about your IP.
We explicitly do not store any credit card information, as online orders are processed by our trusted e-commerce partners.
Will I be GDPR compliant when using Emsisoft as my anti-virus and anti-malware software?
Does Emsisoft send my data to any third parties?
Does any of my company data leave the EU?
Yes. Emsisoft uses third-party applications to host customer data, provide other infrastructure, and perform other service functions. Some of these third-party services are hosted outside of the EU. All of our third party service providers are hosted in countries which obey strict and lawful standards of security.
We’re not an EU-based company nor do we serve EU Citizens, will you treat our data differently?
No. We provide all our customers the same level of data security regardless of location and nationality.
Should this affect my decision to choose Emsisoft?