Avira Exchange Security can also be operated in Database Availability Groups.
The following needs to be provided prior to installation:
A functional DAG with the following components:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (including latest service packs and patches)
- Windows Server 2012 (64-bit)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (64-bit)
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 (64 bit)
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 (64 bit)
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 (64 bit)
- Required RAM: Exchange-recommendation and an additional 256 MB (minimum)
- Hard disk: At least 500 MB for installing Microsoft.NET Framework 2.0
- Users that are logged on in Active Directory with administrative rights for Active Directory.
Scanning is always performed on the server that currently has an active information storage database.
The Avira Exchange scan version numbers have to match on all DAG servers and need to be incremented synchronously to ensure that the entire information storage space won‘t be scanned again during a switch-over. For instance, if a schedule is set in the scan job of the information storage database, such as “every first Saturday of the month“.
The scan version number of a server will always be shown at the very bottom of “IS scan information” on the monitor of the Avira Exchange console within the Avira Exchange server status.
Making the Avira Exchange Security DAG configuration available
Open the configuration settings and browse to Basic Configuration → Avira Server Settings and open Avira Server Settings.
Go to the Global Options tab and define a Global password and the Global Avira Server for the Quarantine Summary reports:
On the Synchronization tab, you can define if you want to make the configuration available automatically. If so, you can define the “Master Avira Server”:
In the Avira Exchange Security console, go to Basic Configuration → Avira Server and right-click on New → Avira Server. For the new server, enter the name of the DAG member which uses the same configuration. Then, save the configuration: