Having strong and secure passwords is essential to keep hackers from gaining access to your accounts, data and staying safe online.
Within this article you will find:
- Do’s and Don’ts of creating passwords
- TotalAV’s Password Vault
Do’s and Don’ts of creating passwords
When creating passwords there are a few best practices to keep your accounts safe and secure.
- Use different passwords for each of your accounts
- Choose passwords with 12 characters or more
- Use a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols
- Set up two-factor authentication
- Use password managers like Password Vault
- Use personal information like your favorite color, family names, birthdays etc..
- Make short passwords
- Store your password on your PC outside of a password manager like Password Vault
- Don’t use the same password more than once
- Don’t use common words
- Don’t use keyboard combinations like qwerty
- Don’t ever tell anyone your password!
TotalAV’s Password Vault
One of the safest ways for you to create and manage your passwords is by using TotalAV’s password manager Password Vault.
Password Vault lets you securely store and generate passwords for all of your online accounts and website logins.