You can exclude certain files and areas such as folders or programs from the scan.
To manage exclusions:
- Open the K7Security main console and click on Setting at the top of the page.
- Choose Real Time Protection under AntiVirus and AntiSpyware.
- Click the Click Here to Manage Exclusions option. The Exclude List dialog opens.
- The list of folders and files excluded from protection is displayed.
- To add the folders or files you want to exclude from protection, click Add Entry.
- In the Add New Exclude Entry dialog that appears, enter the path of the folder or file. If you are not sure of the path, click Add Folder or Add File to select the folders or files respectively.
- Select the following options:
Exclude from RealTime Scanner – to exclude the selected file or folder from the real-time scan
Exclude from Offline Scanner – to exclude the selected file or folder from the offline scan
Include Subfolders – to exclude subfolders under the selected folder from the scan. This option is not available when a file is selected for exclusion.
- Click OK to save the new entry and return to the Exclude List dialog.
- To remove a file or folder from the Exclude list, select the entry in the list and click Remove.
Note :- K7 Support team doesn’t recommend excluding any files or folders from our product without analyzing the file. You can exclude the files/folders at your own risk and this might result in infecting your system as well.