Norton Family lets your kids enjoy the web safely on their iOS device while keeping you informed on their activities so that you can guide them whenever needed. Following are some of the common problems that related to Norton Family for iOS and troubleshooting steps to fix them.
Installed apps disappear on my child’s iOS device
When your child’s iOS device is in the curfew period or when you trigger Instant Lock, Norton Family hides the installed apps, including Norton Family, and the default apps such as Safari, iTunes Store, App Store, and Camera.
Unlike on Android, it does not entirely lock your child’s iOS device. Once the curfew ends or when you unlock the device, your child gets back all the hidden installed apps.
The apps may get rearranged alphabetically. Inform your child that this behavior is usual and none of their apps are removed. Also, recommend your child to not use folders to group their apps.
Apps do not appear even after curfew or unlock
This problem can happen due to some network issues. To resolve this issue, do the following:
- Sign in to your Norton.
- Select the child whose device has this issue.
- Click option and then click .
- Click option on your child’s profile again and then click .
Some supervision features do not work on my child’s iOS device
If you think that your child can access the blocked content, then ensure the following:
- You have set up certain features on your child’s iOS device to get the best from Norton Family. For more information, read Set up Norton Family on your child’s iPhone or iPad.
- You have set the restriction level based on your child’s age.
- Child did not tamper any of the settings that is required for Norton Family supervision.You can use Norton website or Norton Family app for parents to view such activities of your child. If you use an Android device, you can enable parental app notifications to get instant alerts on time supervision and tampering activities.
- Child uses only the Norton Family browser for their online activities.
- House rule is turned on and configured with necessary settings.
I have issues installing a profile on my child’s device
You may face this issue if you already have a profile installed on the device. For more information and solution, read Fix profile installation issues.
Source : Official Norton Brand
Editor by : BEST Antivirus KBS Team