© 1993-2020 F-Secure Corporation. All rights reserved.
‘F-Secure’ and F-logo are wp-signup.phped trademarks of F-Secure Corporation. F-Secure product and technology names and F-Secure logos are either trademarks or wp-signup.phped trademarks of F-Secure Corporation. Other product names and logos referenced herein are trademarks or wp-signup.phped trademarks of their respective companies.
This product may be covered by one or more F-Secure patents, including the following: GB2353372, GB2366691, GB2366692, GB2366693, GB2367933, GB2368233, GB2374260
This document contains late-breaking information about the F-Secure Server Security 14.10 release. We strongly recommend that you read the entire document before installing the software.
F-Secure continuously improves documentation. Refer to the latest version of this document online at the F-Secure website.
Important notice: This release of F-Secure Server Security 14.10 Standard and Premium should be used with F-Secure Policy Manager. This version cannot be used with the cloud-based F-Secure Protection Service for Business management portal.
F-Secure Server Security provides protection for your Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Small Business Server, Citrix XenApp, and Windows Terminal servers. The solution can be licensed and deployed as F-Secure Server Security (Standard) or F-Secure Server Security Premium, on per-server or terminal connection basis.
This new F-Secure Server Security solution release includes the following features:
- Virus & spyware protection – protects your computer against viruses, trojans, spyware, riskware, rootkits and other malware.
- DeepGuard™ – proactive, instant protection against unknown threats. It monitors application behavior and stops potentially harmful activities in real-time.
- DataGuard – monitors protected folders to prevent untrusted applications from modifying your files.
- Web traffic scanning – detects and blocks malicious content in web traffic (HTTP protocol) to provide additional protection against malware.
- Firewall – consists of Windows Firewall integration and Network access control.
- Application control – allows you to restrict virtually any application from starting.
- Botnet Blocker – allows the Policy Manager administrator to block Domain Name System (DNS) queries from the host for domains that have a malicious reputation.
- Browsing protection – provides additional protection against unsafe web sites.
- Web Content Control – allows blocking of web sites that contain unsuitable content.
- Device control – lets you control and disable hardware devices.
- Software Updater – keeps your system and applications up to date by automatically installing patches as they are released by vendors.
- Offload Scanning Agent – moves malware scanning operations to F-Secure Scanning and Reputation Server.
- Rapid Detection & Response – uses lightweight, discreet sensors that collect behavioral data from endpoint devices to identify a wide range of attacks.
The table below shows which features are enabled with different product licenses.
|Feature||F-Secure Server Security Standard||F-Secure Server Security Premium|
|Virus & spyware protection||●||●|
|Web traffic scanning||●||●|
|Offload Scanning Agent||●||●|
|Web content control||●|
|Rapid Detection & Response||●||●|
The supported languages are: English, Chinese (P. R.C, Taiwan, Hong Kong), Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Canadian French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovenian, Spanish, Latin American Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish.
- New features and improvements
- Software Updater improvements
- Software Updater can be now managed using the local user interface.
- Added support for installing software updates that are manually imported by the Policy Manager administrator.
- Fixed an issue with installing Microsoft Service Packs using Software Updater. It was impossible to install Service Packs that did not have a dedicated URL referring to the installer.
- Now supports running the installation of software updates as soon as possible if a scheduled task time is missing.
- Now supports installing multiple software updates without intermediate restarts.
- Firewall improvements
- Automatic creation of the firewall rules to support the distribution of virus definitions via the neighborcast feature.
- Introduced a new firewall alert for blocked connections.
- Fixed firewall performance issue caused by suboptimal handling of rules with IP ranges.
- Application control improvements
- Supports Application control file-based rules, through which administrators can block access to files based on their content digest.
- Introduced a new Application control alert for misconfigured rules.
- Other changes and improvements
- Added support to read the host identity via Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) interface.
- New main user interface.
- Scheduled scanning reports are now included in the diagnostics data collected by the F-Secure Support Tool.
- Firewall rules for Policy Manager ports are automatically created during installation if applicable.
- A number of fixes in manual and scheduled scanning functionality and generated reports.
Note: This Server Security version requires Policy Manager 14.40.
- Software Updater improvements
Before you install the product, we recommend that you review this section to ensure that your network, hardware, software, and other system components meet the requirements.
Note: The minimum hardware requirements may not be sufficient if you run multiple services on the same system.
- System requirements for F-Secure Server Security installation
- To install F-Secure Server Security, the following minimum hardware and system requirements are recommended.
- Any computer that meets the requirements for the supported operating system.
- 10 GB or more disk space is recommended.
- An internet connection is required to receive updates and to use cloud-based detection.
- This Server Security version requires Windows Universal C Runtime (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2999226/update-for-universal-c-runtime-in-windows) for installation.
- Supported operating systems
- The product can be installed on a computer running one of the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2
- Microsoft Small Business Server 2011, Standard edition
- Microsoft Small Business Server 2011, Essentials
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Essentials
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Foundation
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Standard
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Essentials
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Datacenter
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Core
- Microsoft Windows Server 2019 Standard
- Microsoft Windows Server 2019 Essentials
- Microsoft Windows Server 2019 Datacenter
- Microsoft Windows Server 2019 Core
Note: Windows Server 2016 Nano is not supported.
All Microsoft Windows Server editions are supported except:
- Windows Server for Itanium processor
- Windows HPC editions for specific hardware
- Windows Storage editions
- Windows MultiPoint Server
- Windows Home Server
Note: All operating systems are required to have the latest Service Pack installed.
Note: For performance and security reasons, you can install the product only on an NTFS partition.
- Microsoft .Net 4.7.2 must be installed on the system.
- Supported terminal servers
- F-Secure Server Security supports the following terminal server platforms:
- Microsoft Windows Terminal/RDP Services (on the above mentioned Windows Server platforms)
- Citrix XenApp 5.0
- Citrix XenApp 6.0
- Citrix XenApp 6.5
- Citrix XenApp 7.0 – 7.18
- Centralized management requirements
- F-Secure Policy Manager 14.40 is required to centrally manage F-Secure Server Security.
Setup and configuration
- Installation instructions
- Note: If you are using an installation package that does not include the sidegrade procedure, uninstall any potentially conflicting products, such as other antivirus or server security software, before you install F-Secure Server Security.
To install the product, you need to log in with administrator privileges.
- Installation instructions in virtual environments using the F-Secure Offload Scanning Agent
- If you want to deploy F-Secure Server Security to a virtual environment using the Offload Scanning Agent to minimize the performance impact on the virtualization infrastructure, you need to select the installation of the Offload Scanning Agent during installation.
For detailed instructions of installation of this feature, please refer to the F-Secure Security for Virtual and Cloud Environments deployment guide.
Note: You need to have F-Secure Scanning and Reputation Server in place for this functionality to work.
- Remote installation
- F-Secure Server Security supports remote installation with F-Secure Policy Manager.
- Centralized management installation
- To configure centralized management during the interactive installation, specify the F-Secure Management Server address in the form of host name or host IP address without protocol prefix and port suffix. Use the default HTTP port and HTTPS port values unless you have a non-standard environment.
Contact information and feedback
We look forward to hearing your comments and feedback on the product functionality, usability and performance.
Please report any technical issues via:
- F-Secure support web site: http://support.f-secure.com
- F-Secure Community: http://community.f-secure.com/t5/End-point/bd-p/End-point_Security
Before sending us a report about your issue, run F-Secure Support Tool FSDiag.exe on the host that is running F-Secure Server Security. This utility gathers basic information about hardware, operating system, network configuration and installed F-Secure and third-party software that helps us to analyze and solve the issue.
You can also run the FSDiag.exe utility under %ProgramFiles(x86)%\F-Secure\Common folder. The tool generates a file called FSDiag.tar.gz.
F-Secure license terms
F-Secure license terms are included in the software. You must read and accept them before you can install and use the software.