For details on the latest release of Computer Protection for Windows, see the change log on F-Secure Community.
Computer Protection for Windows supports the following operating system versions:
- Microsoft Windows 11 (all 32-bit and 64-bit editions), ARM-based tablets are not supported
- Microsoft Windows 10 (LTSC) version 1607
- Microsoft Windows 10 (LTSC) version 1809
- Microsoft Windows 10 (all 32-bit and 64-bit editions), ARM-based tablets are not supported
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 (all 32-bit and 64-bit editions), ARM-based tablets are not supported
- Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (all 32-bit and 64-bit editions)
Note: The client requires .NET Framework 4.7.2 and installs it automatically if it is missing. Windows 10 versions before Windows 10 Anniversary Update (version 1607) are not supported as they do not work with .NET Framework 4.7.2.
Note: All operating systems must have TLS 1.2 configured and enabled.
- Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2GHz or higher (processor must support SSE2).
- Memory: 1 GB on 32-bit systems / 2 GB or more on 64-bit systems.
- Disk space: 2 GB free disk space.
- Display with a resolution of 1024 x 768 or higher.
- Internet Connection: An Internet connection is required to validate your subscription, receive product updates, and use the cloud-based detection.
- Edge (Windows 10). Does not support extensions.
- Internet Explorer 11 (Windows 8.1).
- Internet Explorer 10 & 11 (Windows 7).
- Chrome, two latest major versions.
- Firefox, two latest major versions.
The supported languages are English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, French (Canadian), German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazilian), Romanian, Russian, Slovenian, Spanish, Spanish (Latin America), Swedish, Turkish, Traditional Chinese (Hong Kong), Traditional Chinese (Taiwan), and Simplified Chinese (PRC).
Contact information and feedback
We look forward to hearing your comments and feedback on the product functionality, usability, and performance.
Please report any technical issues through the F-Secure support website:
When reporting a technical issue, please attach the F-Secure system summary report to the feedback. Run the F-Secure support tool installed with Computer Protection and include the resulting fsdiag file in your report. To collect the system summary report, you need to have administrator rights.