You can specify which software updates you want to exclude from scan results.
To exclude software updates from scan results:
- Select Profiles on the sidebar.
The Profiles view opens.
- Select the profile that you want to edit.
- Under Software Updater, go to Exclude updates from scanning.
The Add rule table is shown.
- Select Add rule.
The switch in the Active column turns on.
- In the Rule column, from the drop-down menu, select one of the conditions and enter the details for the update that you want to be excluded from scan results.
You can use the following parameters:
- Update name contains – the name of the update or a part of it
- Software name contains – the name of the software or a part of it.
Note: For example, if you enter “mozilla”, then both “Mozilla Firefox and “Mozilla Thunderbird” are excluded.
- Vendor name contains – the name of the software vendor or a part of it
- Severity equals to – indicates the level of severity (Critical, Important, Moderate, Low, Not Rated)
- Bulletin ID equals to – the bulleting ID of the software update
- Select Save and Publish to save the your changes to the current profile.