Tip: Not sure what version of Office you have? See Find details for other versions of Office to help you determine what version you’re currently running.
What end of support means for you after October 13, 2020
- Microsoft will no longer provide technical support, bug fixes, or security fixes for Office 2010 vulnerabilities which may be subsequently reported or discovered. This includes security updates which can help protect your PC from harmful viruses, spyware, and other malicious software.
- You’ll no longer receive Office 2010 software updates from Microsoft Update.
- You’ll no longer receive phone or chat technical support.
- No further updates to support content will be provided and most online help content will be retired.
- You’ll no longer be able to download Office 2010 from the Microsoft web site.
What are my options?
We recommend you upgrade Office. Your options to upgrade will depend if you’re using Office 2010 at home or if your version of Office 2010 is managed by the IT department at your work or school.
If you’re using Office 2010 at home, you’ll still be able to use it, but we recommend you upgrade to a newer version of Office so you can stay up to date with all the latest features, patches, and security updates. To learn more about upgrading see How do I upgrade Office?
You can also buy or try the latest version of Office now.
For individuals at work:
If your version of Office 2010 is managed by your work or school, contact your IT Help Desk about how to upgrade. Your IT department will likely have their own upgrade plan.
For IT Pros and Microsoft 365 admins:
If you’re an admin still running Office 2010 in your organization, we strongly recommend that you upgrade your users to the latest version of Office as soon as possible. Review the following for additional guidance.
- IT Pros who want to learn more about upgrading Office 2010 in an enterprise, see Plan your upgrade from Office 2007 or Office 2010 servers and clients.
Microsoft 365 admins managing Microsoft 365 in small organizations with users still on Office 2010, should also see Upgrade your Microsoft 365 for business users to the latest Office client