To install Norton that you purchased from a retail store or a third-party affiliated website, you need create a Norton account or add the purchased product to your existing account.
If you already have a Norton subscription, you can install it on your device by signing in to your account. For more details, read Download and install Norton device security.
Add the purchased product to your account and install Norton
During the setup process, you are offered to enroll in Norton Automatic Renewal. For more details about Norton Automatic Renewal, read Norton Automatic Renewal Service Help.
- From your web browser, go to norton.com/enroll.
- Click .If you do not have a Norton account, click and complete the sign-up process.
- In the Get Started page, click .
- Type the product key and click
If you purchased a boxed product online or at a local retail store, your product key is inside the box either on a sticker, or printed on a card in the box.
Your subscription begins when you enter the 25-character key found on your product card or order confirmation email.
If you see the message “Invalid Product Key”, read Message: “Invalid Product Key”.
.Your product key is a combination of alphabetic and numeric characters. It does not contain any special characters.
- Read the License and Services Agreement and click .
- In the Annual Automatic Renewal Authorization page, update your billing address and credit card details.
- Read the Subscription and Automatic Renewal Payment Authorization and click or .
- Click .
- If you have more than one Norton product in your account, choose the product that you want to download and then click .
- If you are Norton Security Platinum customer, choose the product that you want to install and then click .
- If the product that you desire to download is not visible in the list, click .
- Follow the instructions displayed to Run or Save the Downloader file. These can be different depending on your browser. If you save the file, make sure that you double-click the file from the saved location after the download is completed.Once the Norton installer is executed, your product is downloaded, installed, and activated automatically. Your device displays its current protection status and additional software can be installed from within your Norton account.
Common mistakes when entering product key
- Spaces in the product key will cause an error.
- Make sure you are entering license information for the specific product you are using. License information for one Norton product is not interchangeable with another Norton product.For example, you cannot use the product key for your Norton protection to activate Norton Utilities Premium. You can find the product key for Norton Utilities Premium in the My Subscription page of your account.
- If you still see a message indicating incorrect or invalid licensing information, verify that you typed the license information exactly as shown.Some characters (such as the number 0 and the letter O) can look very similar. Try double-checking the following: the letters O, l (lower-case l), I (capital I); and the numbers 0 (zero) and 1 (one).
Source : Official Norton Brand
Editor by : BEST Antivirus KBS Team