This topic describes how to add your first email address for monitoring.
As soon as you have activated the product and created your master password you can add your first email address to Monitored items. To add your first email address for monitoring:
- From the left navigation pane, select Monitoring and then select Start monitoring.
If you are not logged in to your My F-Secure account, enter your My F-Secure credentials.
- Select + Add monitored item.
- Enter your email address and select Add.
Important: We have sent an email with a confirmation link to your email address.
- Select OK.
The app immediately checks the existing data breaches to see if your email address is mentioned in any of them. If your email address appears in any of the known data breaches, the breaches are listed in the Monitoring view. To be able to see more detailed information about your leaked data and the recommended actions, you need to confirm your email address first.
- Open the confirmation email, and select the link to confirm that this is your email address.
This email address becomes automatically your contact email address. If you wish, you can later change it to another email address.
- To see the details of your exposed personal information and what you should do, tap on the specific breach listed in the Monitoring view.
Important: To eliminate the risk of your information being misused, we urge you to execute the recommended actions as soon as possible.